Day 9 : Smoked Salmon Spirals
Serves: approximately 12
Temperature: Stove top
- ¼ cup of reduced-fat ricotta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 slices of Lavash bread, or any large (approx. 6'' x 8") thin unleavened flat bread, trimmed into a rectangular shape
- one English cucumber, unpeeled but seeds removed, cut into 6 inch strips
- 4 oz. "J Willy Krauch" smoked salmon (or "J Willy Krauch" smoked mackerel)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon olive/canola oil for lightly frying rolls
- Whip ricotta together with the yogurt.
- Season with the chopped dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture evenly over the flat bread.
- Spread smoked fish evenly at the end of each flat bread.
- Place two to four cucumber sticks over the smoked fish.
- Roll each flat bread as tightly as possible into a spiral.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan (skillet) over high heat with olive/canola oil. Cook each roll for 1-2 minutes, turning to brown evenly on all sides.
- When browned, set aside to cool, then cut into even-sized spirals.
- Arrange spirals on serving platter and serve while still warm.